At Baze, we believe food is the foundation of a healthy lifestyle and that supplements are an important supportive tool in your wellness toolkit. For certain nutrients, like vitamin D, supplements are a necessity for a large majority of people because there are not enough foods high in these essential nutrients.
Monterey Mushrooms has created the first ground-breaking solution to dietary intake of vitamin D. With mushrooms. We’re partnering with them to give you one more way you can optimize your vitamin D intake and status this winter.
Check out what our Health Professional Partners and Ambassadors have to say about ’em and how they incorporate mushrooms in their weekly menus.
“Roasting mushrooms is one of my favorite ways to prepare mushrooms. I love adding them to my salads. Roasting gives them a deep almost nutty flavor as well as a meaty texture.Meghan Baron, RD, LDN, a Baze Health Professional Partner
When roasting mushrooms, you need a hot oven and want them to turn brown and caramelized in spots. I prefer to add salt after roasting. Salt can pull water out of the mushrooms causing them to steam rather than caramelize.”
“My husband loves mushrooms so I do incorporate them into meals. I dice them up really finely for tofu scrambles or if I’m making a plant-based burger the mushrooms get thrown in the food processor and then into the burger!”Katie RD, LDN, @katiefilippi_rd
Partner Recipe Spotlight: Stuffed Portabella Caps with Vegan Crema
Stuffed Portabella Caps with Vegan Crema
- 2 Monterey Mushrooms Portabella Caps
- 1 cup Zucchini chopped
- 1/4 cup Red onion chopped
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 1 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tbsp. Guacamole vegan crema
- 1 tbsp. Vegan queso
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- With a spoon, carefully take out the inside of the Portabella Caps, add salt and pepper.
- Bake the Portabella Caps for 20 minutes.
- While they are baking, heat a skillet and cook the onion with seasonings and set aside.
- Once the Portabella Caps are baked, get rid of the liquid.
- Stuff each Portabella with the cooked vegetables and top with your preferred toppings.
- Serve as lunch or side dish and ENJOY!
Recipe courtesy of María Fernanda, @purely_healthy_living, a Baze Ambassador.
Enter your email to get 5 more must-have mushroom-based recipes straight to your inbox.
Monterey Mushrooms can be found at retailers throughout the U.S., for a full list, click here.