At Baze, we believe food is the foundation of a healthy lifestyle and that supplements are an important supportive tool in your wellness toolkit. For certain nutrients, like vitamin D, supplements are a necessity for a large majority of people because there are not enough foods high in these essential nutrients.
Monterey Mushrooms has created the first ground-breaking solution to dietary intake of vitamin D. With mushrooms. We’re partnering with them to give you one more way you can optimize your vitamin D intake and status this winter.
Check out what our Health Professional Partners and Ambassadors have to say about ’em and how they incorporate mushrooms in their weekly menus.
“I absolutely love mushrooms! I think they are really versatile and offer great nutritional benefits. My favorite ways to incorporate them are in a veggie stir-fry, on shish kabobs, grilled balsamic portobello mushroom caps or I even like to mince them and incorporate them into meatballs!”Margeaux, @margeaux_jasarevic, a Baze Health Professional Partner
Partner Recipe Spotlight: Light & Creamy Tuscana with Monterey Mushrooms
This soup is perfect for the chilly winter months — mostly because it’s loaded with protein, vegetables, and Vitamin D. Okay the first two may be obvious— but where’s the Vitamin D?
It’s the mushrooms! It’s the secret essential add-in for the absorption of calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. The mushrooms used for this recipe are High Vitamin D Monterey Mushrooms, which contain 50% of your daily value of Vitamin D!
Light & Creamy Tuscana
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 cup Tuscan Vegetable Bone Broth
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 oz. Spinach Leaves
- 1/3 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Monterey Mushroom Slices pre-sliced
- 4 oz. Italian Beef pre-cooked and chopped
- Whisk together the broth ingredients and warm at medium heat until there's a slight boil.
- Sauté the spinach leaves, diced tomatoes, mushroom slices, and beef at medium heat. Temperatures and time vary by cooking appliance and preference.
- Add the sautéed ingredients into the light creamy broth.
- Top with salt & pepper.
- DEVOUR into a warm cozy bowl of heaven.
Recipe courtesy of Abby Krueger, @thebalancedblend, a Baze Ambassador.
Enter your email to get 5 more must-have mushroom-based recipes straight to your inbox.
Monterey Mushrooms can be found at retailers throughout the U.S. (see full list here).