2019 is coming to a close, which means the holiday and gifting season is in full swing. To make your shopping easier and to help you win the gift exchange, we’ve compiled the must-have wellness gifts of the season according to our dietitians and wellness partners. Check ‘em out and happy shopping!
Note: These are not affiliate links. Baze does not make any money from recommending these products. We simply link them here so you don’t even have to leave your couch to complete your holiday shopping.
“Tupperware so cute you may just forget you loathe the empty, clean, refill cycle”Katie Lemons, @twist_of_lemons
- Why we love it: Meal planning is so much easier when you have something to eat out of! With glass storage containers, they can be easily microwaved at work so you don’t need to worry about eating toxic plastic. And you can say goodbye to hand-washing, as these bad boys are dishwasher safe.
- Who to get it for: Any parent who needs to upgrade, your friend who needs some organizational tools, or someone who appreciates the finer things, but won’t purchase for themselves.
- Cost: $35.99
“The perfect gift for a foodie, I use mine nonstop! I was always having second thoughts before getting mine and my only regret is not getting one sooner!”Maria Fernanda, @purely_healthy_living
- Why we love it: You get that same crispy texture with just a spoon of oil compared to the many cups that would go into a traditional fryer. This affordable luxury helps cut down on saturated fats while dialing up the taste value of whatever you’re making!
- Who to get it for: The chef of the family who loves experimenting in the kitchen, the friend who’s looking to be healthier but not sure where to start, or anybody who wants to get a lil spicy at dinnertime!
- Cost: $70
“Taking hydration to the next level, this bottle kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses with UV-C LED technology and keeps liquids cold for 24 hours or hot for 12!”Georgina Whalen, @georgina.whalen
- Why we love it: There’s no excuse for dehydration when you can drink from literally anywhere! Find your nearest public fountain, garden hose, or local pond to fill up and know that H2O you’re sipping on is pure.
- Who to get it for: Your favorite yogi, travel buddy, or hiking connoisseur
- Price: $95
“Feels like a hug which is enough of a reason to try it”Remy Morimoto Park, @veggiekins
- Why we love it: Weighted blankets have been shown to decrease anxiety by releasing serotonin through applied pressure on the body. As we all know, mental health is a large part of the journey to total wellness.
- Who to get it for: Anyone who you think could use more “me” time this season. This might be your friend working two jobs, or someone you know who’s dealing with something particularly difficult in their life.
- Price: $170
“This is something that anyone can get a lot of use too and a staple for me. Perfect for this cozy season to prepare some seasonal drinks!”Maria Fernanda, @purely_healthy_living
- Why we love it: Us dietitians are always trying to instill the idea of cooking more at home, and this milk frother is one way to make healthier choices this season. Instead of loading up on refined sugar at a coffee shop, craft your own creations at home. You can save time, money, and unnecessary calories.
- Who to get it for: Your favorite coffee-lover or that one friend who studied abroad and now can only drink coffee from French presses!
- Price: $24.95
Perfectly Imperfect Produce or Misfits Market Giftcard
“These companies rescue “imperfect” produce that otherwise would get thrown away in normal grocery stores and send you boxes of produce at discounted prices. It’s a win for you and a win for the environment!”Alex Lewis, RD, LDN
- Why we love it: It feels good to know you can be a part of reducing food waste at a price that feels good on your wallet too.
- Who to get it for: Your environmentally conscious crew (which is hopefully a large group!)
- Price: Any amount for Perfectly Imperfect; $31 for Misfits Market
“Tracking what I eat and how I feel has helped transform my energy levels, quality of sleep, and overall productivity. A plant-based and gluten-free lifestyle has been so beneficial for me and I am always looking for new dishes to try!”Georgina Whalen, @georgina.whalen
- Why we love it: Even if you aren’t gluten-free, you likely know somebody who is. And no matter who you are, these recipes are wholesome, healthy, and most importantly tasty. Cooking at home is one way to stay well during the holidays, and who doesn’t like a little GF action nowadays?
- Who to get it for: Someone who’s gluten-free, has digestive concerns, or is just looking to cook a little more.
- Price: $17
“Spending 10-20 minutes each morning journaling and practicing gratitude helps me feel grounded and start my day off on the right track. I add to it each morning by making a plan for the day and writing down the 3-5 things that are most important to me”Adi Wyshogrod, @adi_online_dietitian
- Why we love it: What better way is there to show your loved one that you care about them than encouraging them to love themselves? Journaling is a cornerstone of self-care and helps you to reflect and set goals. Not everyone knows where to start, which is why guided journals are a great option! Pair this with a cute set of pens or other items that remind you to care about yourself, like a face mask or scented candle.
- Who to get it for: Your friend who needs to take a step back, or anybody who could use a little more self-reflection time (which is most of us these days!)
- Price: $10-$45, depending on the quality
“I love foam rolling as a way to stretch out my muscles and actually feel better after a workout. It’s a great way to incorporate active stretching and recovery into your life!”Juliana Dewsnap, RD, LDN, CPT
- Why we love it: Whether you’re someone who’s been active their whole life, or just starting out, a foam roller is fit for anyone with aches and pains. Foam rolling is a form of self-myofascial release, so you can think of it as a personal massage each time. By having your own, you don’t need to worry about who else has used it at the gym or waiting your turn. Foam roll with freedom every day.
- Who to get it for: The exercise enthusiast in your life or really any loved one who you hear complaining about their achy bones and joints in the cold weather!
- Price: $9.99
“I love gardening and this kit makes it so easy to get started, no matter the season.”Gabrielle McGrath, @wellbygabrielle
- Why we love it: Even living in an apartment, you can have some farm-to-table goodness right on your countertop by growing microgreens. Not to mention the greens give you a great nutrient boost in smoothies, soups, or a flavor-enhancing topping on your next entree.
- Who to get it for: The cooking enthusiast, gardening guru, or apartment dweller in your life.
- Price: $49.00
“Tracking my nutrient levels helps me stay on top of all areas of my life. I can tell quickly if I’m too stressed, not exercising enough, or need to tweak my diet. It’s self-care done for me and is convenient, backed by research and affordable.”Rachel Caine, MS, RD, LDN
- Why we love it: The Baze Gift Kit will allow your loved ones better insight into their nutrient status and give them targeted supplements they need to optimize it.
- Who to get it for: We may be a bit biased, but we think anyone and everyone can benefit from the gift of good health!
- Price: $99.00